Afrikstan Sovereignty or Autonomy?

What would be the best solution for a beginning nation?

Sovereignty vs Autonomy?This is a complicated question and needs more minds thinking.Autonomy needs a host nation state that is strong wealthy independent and has good hard infrastructure.The benefits of a protectorate situation comes with polical protections such as an already built in global diplomatic system in place to connect too.Also protection militarily and as well as against tariffs and trade embargoes.Most politics are local this is why from the vantage point of states in a federal system the state can raise its own taxes provide localized social cultural and polical needs of the immediate population.The state will have access to markets absent taxes and import duties.

The disadvantages is you lose the right to tax and regulate any country the host nation has polical ties with as well as any representation in the host nation’s government.It is when this conflict arises such as what is happening in Hong Kong and China does the referendum on complete sovereignty comes up

You need to be a member of Black Afrikan Infrastructure Organization Social Network to add comments!

Join Black Afrikan Infrastructure Organization Social Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

•  

Aren't African states moving toward autonomy via the 14 flagship projects of the African Union?

- ACFTA - One common market/customs union

- The Continental Passport - Open borders

- SAATM - A unified air transport market

- The establishment of the African Investment Bank and Pan African Stock Exchange; the African Monetary Fund and the African Central Bank by 2029

14 flagship projects

This was the first question I asked before joining. How will Afristan operate in a unifying Africa?

Flagship Projects of Agenda 2063 | African Union
    • In my opinion I don’t believe anything the AU has to say.The biggest issue on the table is Autonomy for North Western Cameroon the English speaking enclave.The AU is silent while English speaking Cameroonians are being slaughtered by the French speaking government.

• I wouldn't say the Cameroonian civil conflict is the "biggest" issue on the continent. Civil wars are complex and militarily intervention by outsiders would only add to the turmoil. Diplomacy is the only reasonable approach at this point.

Also, development brings peace. That's why the AU is focusing on development and integration.

"In my opinion I don’t believe anything the AU has to say."

The AU is a body of governments. That agrees upon the direction of the continent. The ACFTA, SAATM, PIDA, ECO, AU Passport etc... are all very real initiatives. The African Investment Forum which is targeting 55 billion this year is real.

Which brings me back to my original question. How will Afristan operate in a unifying Africa?

• In my humble opinion it would operate as an autonomous territory made up of diaspora Africans under the charter of a host nation.Before Africa can even talk about unity it must complete its infrastructure connecting the continent together.Rome conquered the world by building infrastructure and connecting people from far corners of the world.In Africa there is still a colonial system.Francophone nation’s are more connected to France than their immediate neighbors.In Angola cars drive to the right and in Zambia they drive to the left.This make trade and automobile travel impossible.

http://world.In/
This reply was deleted.