Good day BAIO brothers and sisters - I wanted to share with a couple of videos which may help in providing insight into establishing and doing business on the continent as well as the realities of living on the continent -  The first video is by Dr. Harnet - she has been working with diasporians for a number of years as it relates to establishing and doing business in Africa - I've been following her for a while and she gives insights and details for establishing businesses and operating businesses on the continent - this detailed information includes licenses, fees, and business opportunities in various countries in Africa - she has a website which details a program she offers which can assist diasporians with getting a business established on the continent - I'll leave the link below

===>http://africajumpstart.com/

Secondly - some of you may be aware of the family that lives in Ghana - they have a youtube channel called Native Borne - they produce a lot of content about living in Ghana - I've been following them for a while - I wanted to share one video in particular with you - the video is about an African American who repatriated to Ghana some years ago - in the video he takes you through his journey of building a home, establishing a business etc..in Ghana - I thought this may be helpful because his process and experience would apply to any place on the continent.

Let me know what you think

You need to be a member of Black Afrikan Infrastructure Organization Social Network to add comments!

Join Black Afrikan Infrastructure Organization Social Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• Thank you Brother...your help is greatly appreciated! As much as personal time allows, I try to make an effort to follow up on practical & pertinent information such as presented. My impression of our collective efforts is this... there will be a need to educate ourselves on proposed business enterprises, cultural nuances, and international business protocols before any MOUs or contracts are negotiated or signed between interested parties between the states and the Continent. I believe that once these steps are taken care of, the formation of business groups, consortiums, investment groups and the like will naturally follow. In a very large way, BAIO members are undoubtedly on the vanguard of what's next for our economic and political survival. My personal belief is that Black people in the states and African nationals have common "and" varied interests that can be fulfilled. They have some things that we need as well as things we can do for them. We will be doing nothing more than what is currently happenbing between Intra-Asian and Intra-European trade partnerships and relations. Again, I don't there's any insincerity in our discussions about the immediate future, with the first step being that of holding myself accountable for my commitments here. As we've seen natural growth in the interests of BAIO over the past few years, surely we can expect more growth and actual business activities happening as we wish in the future...LIN!

• Good keep us informed.I noticed something I have yet to see an organized body of diasporan people with a business group or consortium in Africa.I beginning to doubt the success people boast about in Africa 

• I believe whatever business success on the continent is being promoted on a case by case basis meaning there are individual diasporians who have acheived some level of business success on the continent but they are not part of any organized group that's actively supporting or promoting business opportunities on the contient - I think I'll start a group here on BAIO - from my research into Dr.Harnet she offers a program which assists individuals with doing business in Africa - I don't see why some of that information could not be translate into a group they may be looking to invest.

• Go for it.We need a BAIO/African investment group.And business and logistics corporations on the continent

• In all seriousness it seems Unity and building together is all talk.When it comes down to it we are all individuals 

• unfortunately that's true - we have to change that

This reply was deleted.