Good day BAIO family - just wanted to share this information with you regarding land being offered to the AU by African governments for the Wakanda One Village project. Below is an excerpt of the article. There is a link to the full article just below the excerpt.

Government has offered the African Union (AU) 2 000 hectares of land in the Victoria Falls area for the Wakanda One Village to be built jointly by Zimbabwe and Zambia as a nerve centre for development across Southern Africa.

Zambia has offered 132 hectares for the project. The Wakanda concept involves building of African Centres of Excellence across the continent.

Wakanda One Village is looking at building five centres, one in each region, to serve as growth points.

Under the Wakanda project, Africans living in the Diaspora are expected to return home to participate in rebuilding the continent.

It targets investment by Africans across the globe.

You can read the entire article here:

==>https://www.herald.co.zw/govt-offers-au-land/?fbclid=IwAR0HNa6rsSvHsZLUwHUobLkyX_C1Ak_3UUO4_0JHmELjFsOs0W9zmPW5zm8

You need to be a member of Black Afrikan Infrastructure Organization Social Network to add comments!

Join Black Afrikan Infrastructure Organization Social Network

Email me when people reply –

Replies

• I'll keep an open mind about the feasibility of this proposal, which is an overall great idea that complements BAIO's stated long-term goals. I also anticipate many changes in the current stances of AU policies, both for Continental and Diasporic reasons, as time progresses. Make no mistake about it; Africa is promising to become the center stage of future global geopolitics, and that is based purely on my analysis of current events that promise to become both controversial and game-changing. With this realization, we can surely expect to see actual migration and repatriation patterns increase dramatically as a result of future events, again for a variety of reasons I.e. economics, education, politics, military issues, quality of life factors, etc. The wild card that will determine the overall success or failure of any proposal will be its most overlooked & forgotten asset: today's youth, who will definitely make demands on all things good about future Wakandas once they become a reality.

• I don't trust the AU for couple of different reasons, which one of the main reasons being no Haiti in the AU. To me the Wakanda Village project looks to be on the surface, a tourist attraction, that is getting other people to pay for it for the benefit of Zambia and Zimbabwe.

Are there any resources on this land that Zambia and Zimbabwe are donating to Village One that would allow the village to support itself?

Will citizenship be given to those that invest in this Village?

• I agree 

• Not sure about any of those details - from what I've gathered this is just the beginning of the process - as things develop I'll be sure to keep the group informed

• Thanks Ted. I am not sure that the AU has thought-out the Wakanda Project in terms of being independent, as most of the countires in the AU are in debt to other countries that could easily use the debt for political influence on the project and/or the host countries. I am in IT and we have vendors offering us discounts and such to switch from our current vendor to them, but it is a catch to it (if you do your research). Often times when they get you to switched over to their product, then all of sudden their price starts to increase more and more.

• Great article, great concept! As a recognized body, the African Union will be able to garner much support from African Goverments and organizations throughout the diaspora to bring about the success of this plan.  In my opinion, this could be a wonderful opportunity for the BAIO to bring its collective resources to the table as well as its needs.  Thanks for sharing, Ted! How did you find this article?

• I like the idea of this. But I prefer if WE did it on our own collectively. I'm here for building a nation of people (like Igboland), not just a village where tourist come visit. 

• I agree - I was thinking the BAIO could use the process the AU implements to make this happen as a possible template for the eventual country of Afrikstan(or what ever the eventual name would be) - if they develop funding processes, construction processes etc..we could use those as a model - not to copy but to use as a road map - the fact is they have more resources than we do - I intend on keeping up with the process as things progress and keep the group updated for further discussion

• Yes let’s see what they come up with.We will not give up our specific goal endgame of an Afrikstan 

• I agree we AA are not a charity case.We need an organization like the BAIO facilitating this 

This reply was deleted.